Friday, January 13, 2012

Bureau of Internal Revenue - RDO 046 Taytay Rizal


Bureau of Internal Revenue – Taytay Rizal RDO 046

It’s been a tough day, I went to the Bureau of Internal Revenue in Taytay Rizal this morning. The purpose is to register a new general partnership, I haven’t been in their new building yet so basically its my first time. The new building is much more better than the old one, well maybe because it’s new that’s why it looks organize.

I asked the guard of where should I go for new business registration and he pointed me the section under TIN verification and registration. There are two person there and I was attend by Ms. Celia, at first glance she seem strict but when I get to talk to her I’ve proven myself wrong. She was pretty accommodating and friendly and that’s what all BIR employees should be. Taxpayers would be glad to pay the right taxes if they have been accommodated and well informed. After Ms. Celia checks my application, she told me to go to the Officer of the day section. There are two persons there a woman and a man, I am not sure if the woman is under that section but I am pretty sure the man does because his right under the sign. The man is still attending to someone and the woman beside him who’s under the senior citizen sign is already free. The woman called me and asked me what my concern is, since I’m quite unsure why I’m on that section I just showed her the form and told her that I am told to go to the officer of the day section. Right after she saw my form, she told me that I should go to PAO “Public Assistance Office”. I was shock and asked her politely of why should I go to PAO, given that I was told to go to the officer of the day with my finger pointing on the signage. And again she blow me, she yelled at me and said “ I said go to PAO” but when I asked again what should I do there she yelled again with the same line. That time I really want to yell back and say “F*** you! Why do you have to yell at me?” I’m glad I just keep it myself, I don’t want to step down on her level and be address as an unprofessional person by the professional people around. Avoiding trouble I stood up and follow her instruction since she know better than me, I ask the guard of the PAO’s section and he asked me why, again I told him that I’m told to go there, when he saw my form he said that I am registering a business with a  face of speculation, maybe he’s just afraid to tell me directly that I have no reason to go to PAO so he called the person in the complaint desk and asked. The complaint personnel asked for my forms and was also wondering why would that lady send me to PAO. I told her what I’m told from the very first step then I told her that it’s so disappointing to be treated that way be yelled in front of other people. Then she told me to not mind it because it’s just how the lady speak. I do not believe that it’s a normal pitch of voice a woman has and I’m not an idiot to not determine it. Anyway, I let it pass because I’m not there to make trouble, I’m there to register a business and I should focus my mind to it. The lady in the complaint section bring me to someone that can accommodate me and didn’t send me back to where I should be (officer of the day) I was well accommodated after that. Finally I’m in my last step, I go back to Celia and have her encode my application, she helped me along the way and told me to process everything so I don’t have to come back and forth. I appreciate how celia entertain everyone, she answer all inquiries as long as she can and I admire her for that knowing that she has a non-stop work compared to that lady who yelled at me.

I wish I have the name of that woman who yelled at me, I keep on looking at her hoping that I can find a name tag or an ID but I just couldn't find anything, I can only see an ID cord on her neck. Such behavior is intolerable especially to an organization like BIR. We all know how this organization stinks, they should have done something to regain fragrance from the public and yelling to a tax payer is really not a good idea.

What happen to the BIR officials and employees code of conduct people? If I am not mistaken, that woman just break the General Provisions Chapter I, Sec. 1 and 2 even the BIR vision.

“The BIR, the premier tax administration agency, is a model in customer service, whose delivery systems and management practices are world class and whose people, having been empowered to serve, are highly respected for their integrity and professionalism. With its impressive achievement in revenue collections, the BIR propels the nations progress, enabling the government to make the Philippines an economic miracle in the region and in the world, uplifting the quality of life of every Filipino.”


I guess, there's no need to elaborate it more. That’s a big shame to the Bureau of Internal Revenue!

I believe there are many witches out there! Go out and pay BIR a visit, and see it yourself. I dare you guys! Share your experience if you want, and let the world know.

TGIF bloggers  

No comments:

Post a Comment